The bad girl has been a soap opera staple since Julie Horton shoplifted from Bartlett's Department Store in 1966. It's fun to watch people scheme and backstab and do vicious things, but it's important that the people in question have some motivation for being the way that they are (popular reasons include parental neglect, loving a man involved with another woman, multiple personalities; etc.)
Along the way, the girls got badder and badder and their motivation became murkier and murkier. Two young characters currently feeling the wrath of viewers across America are Maxie Jones on General Hospital and Chelsea Benson Brady on Days Of Our Lives. They're both bad and have multiple crimes under their belt, including drug dealing and vehicular homicide, and yet...they aren't fun to watch. But the question is: which one is worse?
I will outline my opinions using the very professional plus and minus form of critiquing.
+ Daughter of the ultra cool Frisco and Felicia
- Is nowhere near as cool as her dad
+ Did not inherit her mother's voice
- Used to babysit Michael and did not take advantage of the opportunity to sell him to the gypsies
- Flirted with her (adopted) (and homosexual) cousin
- WTF was that story with her and Jesse on the run?
- Bitched repeatedly about how horrible it was that Jesse was an organ donor even though SHE GOT HER DEAD COUSIN'S HEART
- Tried to hit on Nikolas skankily
- Immediately got over her love of Nikolas and moved on to his brother Lucky
- Milks Jesse's death for all the sympathy she can get while attempting to bed half of Port Charles
- Stole pills from the hospital to keep Lucky addicted
- Took advantage of Lucky's addiction to get him into bed
- Blackmails Lucky into sleeping with her by threatening to withhold his pills and/or tell her stepfather Mac about their affair and Lucky's pill addiction
- Wears skanky clothes and bad makeup
- Became Lucky's drug connection because...?
- Is freaking stupid enough to go out into dirty parks to score drugs even though her stepfather is the police commissioner
- Had an affair with Lucky because...?
- Has the nerve to blame Elizabeth for Lucky cheating on her
- Had sex with Lucky in Elizabeth's bed
Verdict: Does not deserve BJ's heart
+ Daughter of Bo and Billie who is pretty cool as played by Lisa Rinna and Julie Pinson
- But she was stillborn in a swamp when Krista Allen was Billie and Krista Allen sucks
+ Despite being stillborn not even 10 years ago, has managed to grow up into a functioning teen. By "functioning" I mean "can walk and talk"
- Attempted to drug Patrick to get him to sleep with her
+ Abby seems to like her well enough
- Hooked up with her (adopted) uncle Max right after meeting him
- Bad attitude
- Ran over her little brother
- Shows little to no remorse for it
- Bitches about the community service she has to do for killing her brother
+ Wears cute clothes
+ Is nice to Sami, who I love
- Conspired via falsified email to keep Bo and Hope apart
+ Correctly assumed that Bo and Hope were dumb enough not to realize they are being duped
Verdict: Seriously, she was stillborn in 1998! What is with this show?!
I firmly feel that the inability to rid the world of Michael Corinthos once and for all lost this contest for Maxie. So congratulations stillborn (EXCEPT NOT!) Chelsea, for only being the second most horrible character in soaps!
- Promising Ingénue