I Have a New BFF
...she's fictional, but she's fabulous. In just her first few minutes in Port Charles, Kate Howard:
- had fantastic hair
- was deliciously bitchy
- wore a stunning white coat
- seemed quite bright
- was revealed to be editor-in-chief of a fashion magazine (Couture, which is "practically the bible of high fashion," according to Diane, a woman I find it hard to believe has even been shopping since the 80s)
- looked at Sonny as if he were gum on the bottom of her Christian Louboutin heels
- had an assistant/hanger-on, at whom she bellowed
- tried to kick Sonny out of his own office
- turned Diane into a squealing fashion fangirl (even though out of character, it was hilarious)
- called BS on Sonny's "I'm a coffee importer" cover
- intimidated Carly
However, she has canceled out most of the good will, because it turns out she used to be involved with Sonny. Ugh. Whose kneecaps do I have to smash to get a strong female character on this show who hasn't slept with that guy?
But Kate is played by Megan Ward, who has basically been on every nighttime drama that's aired since 1990, including Party of Five and Melrose Place.
So residual TV affection for the actress and admiration of the
character's at least initial awesomeness will keep me from hating her.
For now. Until she gets all hung up on Sonny [again]. Which she will, because
they all do.