Deja Vu All Over Again
I know, what with her hack related tendencies, that Lynn Marie Latham isn't used to winning Best ________ for anything (aside from, of course, Best Dismantling Of the Greatest Soap on Television) so she must not have known exactly what to do with herself after she
won tied for the Best Daytime Drama at this year's Emmy ceremony, because if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?
(I mean, obviously, it ain't not broke and is frankly begging to be fixed, but I don't expect her to realize that. See above re: hack related tendencies)
I have to say, I didn't think that even LML would decide that the best way for her to win the Emmy outright, rather than tie, was to repeat every single story from last year. That's, like, a whole new brand of low.
- Phyllis was kidnapped by Sheila (who had Phyllis's face at the time) and, during her imprisonment, we were treated to weeks of assorted Genoa City folk remembering how Phyllis is the most angelic angel to ever grace the earth with her angelic presence
- Phyllis is on her way to the slammer and we're being treated to weeks/eons of people talking about how Phyllis is the most amazing person to ever amaze people. Like when Daniel was sick once when he was little? She totally made him soup. It's totally heartwarming if you overlook the fact that Phyllis didn't have custody of Daniel when he was little. Soup, y'all! That's real love.
- WHO KILLED CARMEN MESTA?! Let's look at a huge list of principle characters who could have done it before learning that it was actually a random who did it!
- WHO KILLED JI MIN?! The show is trying to present all of Genoa City as a suspect, but you know it will be a random. My money's on Genoa City Athletic Club Extra #56, although Crimson Lights Patron #5 is looking pretty suspicious, too.
The most tragic part about Ji Min leaving is that it inspired this from Becca:
BTW, is it true Y&R shitcanned the Daytime Emmys sarong guy? That’s sa-rong! A pun! I hate myself
- Minutes after Carmen was killed, we were introduced to her identical cousin, Inez! Who was promptly forgotten about, but whatever.
- If you miss Will Bardwell and are sad that he was killed off for no apparent reason other than that this writing staff has a hard on for killing people off, have no fear, because he, too, has an identical cousin! Wacky!
- Jack Abbott was apparently more despicable than an amoeba on a flea on a rat
- Jack Abbott is apparently more despicable than an amoeba on a flea on a rat. Because it's apparently a new and exciting plot for a politician to be accused of being shady. The intrigue!
I know that budgets are tight, but come on, have we really come to the point where we need to re-use scripts? Let's stop gluing faux Swarovski crystals onto Amber's cell phone and use that time to write new stories, people.