It's Serial Drama's First Anniversary!
It hardly seems possible, but it's been a whole year since two girls with a dream and lots of pent-up soap anger started putting their criticism-with-a-Mean Girls-flare out for all of the internets to see. We didn't think anyone would read, and for a while you didn't. But then you did. And you spread the word. And you started commenting. And now, we'd like to think we're a well-established online kvetching locale.
We really can't believe it's be a year! (Yes, there are some posts from before October 1, 2006, but those are thanks to the magic of back-dating. We didn't want people showing up and having almost nothing to read. Which didn't turn out to be a problem because, you know, like seven people read us for the first month and by then we'd built up more posts.) Anyway, so much has happened around here in the last twelve months. Our first year, by the numbers:
- 388 posts
- two knock-down, drag-out fights over Jason Thompson and James Scott
- two blogs (we'll always have Blogger, longtime readers!)
- one unexpected and fabulous gig as Soap Opera Digest columnists
- two [recently retired] nicknames
- 157 cases of Diet Coke
- more than 500,000 page loads (!!!)
- a dozen advertisers
- one Blogger's Choice Awards nomination
- posts on at least 10 shows (All My Children, Beverly Hills 90210, The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, Guiding Light, Hollyoaks, Night Shift, One Life To Live , The Young and the Restless)
- one guest blogger
- two very steep HTML-coding learning curves
- more references to hair than probably any non-beauty-focused blog in the history of the series of tubes we like to call the internet
- many hundreds of screencaps courtesy of people with way more technical talent and patience than we could ever hope to have
- about 3,000 "OMG, is [show] f'ing kidding me with this?!"-esque emails
We are still having an absolute blast with the site and thank you all so much for one of the most unexpectedly entertaining, life-altering, hilarity-filled years a couple of office-bound friends could ever have.
To celebrate the first anniversary of this little bitch-fest that could, we're going to engage in a week or so of self-indulgent reminiscing. We hope you would expect nothing less. Sincere thanks for reading, and please stick around for year #2!
- Bec and Mal