General Hospital fans (and "fans") rejoice! Lucky found out that Jason is Jake's father! Hallelujah! Of course, the heroic hitman had to be the one to reveal the "secret," but whatever, I'm just so happy poor, dim, gorgeous Lucky is in the know that I don't really care how it happened. The fallout from the reveal was awesome -- Awesome Writer clearly escaped his shackles and whipped up a hell of a show. It was an exclamation point kind of day all around:
- Sonny stood up to Carly's insane jealousy, to her face!
- Rageaholic Nikolas had Emily lock him in a dungeon, then busted out of it!
- Luke had a massive heart attack! And Scott of all people helped save him!
- Lucky punched Jason!
- Lucky called Elizabeth a lying whore! (Which was way harsh, and not factually accurate on the whore note, but nonetheless was soapily awesome.)
- Elizabeth called Sam a bitch!
- Someone [Lucky] only sarcastically referred to Jason as a hero and straightforwardly pointed out he kills people for a living!
- Someone [Kate] told Carly to "act like a grown-up for once"!
- Lucky called Elizabeth on her "I couldn't lie anymore" hypocrisy by pointing out she only couldn't lie anymore to Jason!
- Sonny demonstrated emotional maturity!
- Jax fake-died! (Remember, Ingo darling, lots of SPF while you're on vacay. And also get a haircut.)
- Liz had moments of self-awareness, plus compassion for Lucky!
- Jason demonstrated vulnerability!
- Leyla was involved in an interesting scene!
That was a freaking awesome episode of General Hospital, start to finish! I suddenly feel the need to get together with friends to watch a new episode of Seinfeld, discuss the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal, buy a new pair of Gap overalls, and look into those flip-style cell phones that everyone's talking about!