Welcome to 2009, Serial Drama readers! We hope you had fabulous New Year's Eve celebrations. Did you drink chamgagne, like Jax and Carly did on General Hospital?
No? Well, better luck next year! (You have to appreciate how committed GH is to failing on every single level.)
We know many of you are heading back to work after lovely holiday breaks, so if you need to catch up on all the 2008 year-in-review stuff -- not that any of you would ever do anything like that at work -- here are some quick links:
- Best and Worst of 2008
- All My Children: 2008 In Review
- Days of Our Lives: 2008 In Review
- General Hospital: 2008 In Review
- The Young and the Restless: 2008 In Review
It was a little sad looking back at 2008, since in terms of soaps it was a pretty crappy 12 months across the board. So 2009 really has to do little to improve upon its predecessor, but improvement isn't really what our shows do well, so . . . hope springs eternal! Our fondest wishes for 2009 include:
- that James Scott get a haircut
- that Days of Our Lives and General Hospital get new writing teams
- that Agnes Nixon stage a coup and take over All My Children, leading it back to the brilliant soap it once was
- that The Young and the Restless give us a Victor-free episode
- that someone, somewhere, involved with any of the soaps on the air remember what the hell a soap opera actually is and try their hardest to produce one (Oh wait, for that we have Night Shift! For a mere few weeks, months from now! Yay?)
As we kick off another year, we want to be sappy for a minute and thank you all sincerely for continuing to read our rants and gripes. The support and the links to us are completely mind-blowing for a couple of girls who couldn't even get their friends to read this thing at the beginning. Most of them don't even read now. So thank you, and please bear with us as juggle our real lives and our posting schedules, and we'll try to pay you back with decent posts. Or at least entertaining screencaps.
Bec and Mal