The Listless List Of Suspects
So, today's One Life to Live started to shed some light on who may and who may not have killed Eddie Ford. Who is on the suspect list? The top of the list seems to be James, Inez, and Nate. Is Nora a possibility? (Where is she? And where is Matthew?) If it's Nate, he's pretty much a psychopath considering he's only met Eddie like three or four times. I suppose there's some chance that Ford did sneak out and kill Eddie considering all of his comments about how their father won't ever be able to hurt James again. I think what interests me the least here is that all the suspects on the list are people we're supposed to give a crap about (the key words being "supposed to," in the case of any of those Ford/Salingers) and, at the end of the day, we'll learn that it was really just in self-defense or defense others. There's no way any of these "heroes" committed murder, right? And the previews for tomorrow (I'm having fun that these are back... why did they ever go away in the first place?) seem to indicate that Todd might be another suspect, so clearly something heroic happened. I can see how Todd would be angry enough to kill Eddie -- I mean, almost raping Nora is totally Todd's thing, no fair!
One suspect, Inez, was shown returning home in last night's outfit to be greeted by Bo asking her point-blank if they had sex the night before. He asked pretty outright considering he should be mortified at the thought. Why in the world can't Inez just tell Bo what Clint is up to? And then they had a super-casual conversation about it. He was seriously, seriously under-reacting. I hope that was just public stoicism. If I woke up from a night of drinking and realized that I'd cheated on someone (or been lied to that I had), I'd really want the world to swallow me whole. Complete devastation. Not that I'd know. Really. Oh, stop judging, Y2K was a crazy time!
Look, as usual I have nothing nice to say about the Fords and I find Ford and Langston to be the grossest couple ever (their relationship has seriously evolved into Langston being horny but maternal with him and I just... I can't) and Starr and James are dumb as bricks and dull as dirt, so let's instead spend some time with the rest of the show, shall we? It wasn't half bad. Some thoughts:
- Wait, is Bree Williamson back from maternity leave? Oh yes, clearly, she's a completely different shape now. Welcome back, not-as-big-as-a-house Jessica!
- Were there actual non-Ford-related family conversations taking place today? Wha..?
- Kelly's comment about how Blair is the common factor in all of Blair's failed relationships was way harsh, but it also made no sense. Couldn't the same be said about anyone's failed relationships? Did Blair somehow personally contribute to her most recent failed relationship?
- Dorian was adorable behind Kelly and Blair gesticulating at them nervously to be nice to each other. But her advice was pretty awful. "Your ex just got engaged to someone new? What a perfect time to tell him you're still in love with him! How could that go wrong? We're Cramer women, we're nothing if not insanely lucky in love in the most unlikely situations!"
- A miracle occurred! Blair was actually given a chance to speak to her family, however briefly, about her experience with Eli.
- I hadn't realized how much less I dislike Rex when he's not with GIgi. Not that he had much to do today other than writhe and moan a little, but honestly? The last few episodes have given us a better side to Rex -- his scenes with Natalie and with Nora have been oddly refreshing. Or... not bad.
- At the moment, we have three out of the five (as far as they know) siblings engaged to be married (Jess, Natalie, Joey) with one more rumored to be engaged (Kevin, though erroneously rumored thus). Would it kill them to bring the fifth sibling home for a day? I miss Cord!
So, who killed Eddie?
Destiny out! (Is she still on this show?)