Fortunate and Unfortunate Afterglow
The fortunate: After yesterday's nausea-fest of sex between Jess and Ford, we were not subjected to additional afterglow scenes and thankfully did not pick up that storyline today. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but...
The unfortunate: Blair and Tomas were basking in their own afterglow, as one would expect of a soap opera in which two very good-looking people just got it on. Although all of eight seconds later she left the room and he took a call about his plan to catch Todd, and then she came back into the room and he continued lying to her. How romantic! But apparently the sex was amazing, which tells us... nothing at all. I ask you, when has Blair Cramer not had amazing sex? Girlfriend knows what she likes and apparently has some mad skills. I admire her for this. I also admire her for managing to still hang on to her wine glass while she's making out with someone.
This seems like a skill worth developing.
Todd and Baker had some scenes that I didn't quite understand completely. Todd wants to hire Baker to... what, kill Tomas? No, he specifically said he wasn't killing Tomas. He's going to do something to "get" Tomas, so that he doesn't bust him for murdering Victor (which Todd still thinks he actually did, so they're really working overtime to make Todd completely unsympathetic and yet... nope, nope, I'm still rooting for him anyway!).
And some random reactions:
- Cutter revealed some of his back story to Stagi, including a missing mother he doesn't know. Who will it be? I'm calling Alex Olanov as a serious possibility, and I would throw a party.*
- Stagi and Cutter have a nice rapport and chemistry, much to my surprise. I would not mind an exploration of this, although I guess it wouldn't last since Farrah Fath will not be on the online version of OLTL and Josh Kelly will.
- Brody shut Vimal and Rama into the office, so naturally he's the prime suspect in the arson at The Banner. That little shit Jack will be free to commit felony murder another day!
- Upon learning of Brody being a suspect in the attempted murder of Vimal, there was a hilarious moment when John was on the phone with the cops about this and Natalie sort of swatted his arm and said, "John! If Brody would do that, we've gotta find Liam!" Because John probably needed a nudge in that direction, what with being on the phone at that very moment following up on it.
- For some reason I am loving that a soap opera keeps giving us actual numbers for last-second plane ticket prices! In the last couple episodes we've gotten price quotes of just over $1000 and just over $2000. Finally a little reality about how it costs an outrageous amount of money to fly at the very last second!
- Poor Brody. He actually went to help Rex and looked like he really felt for him. But he's off the rails and full-on Crazy Eyes, so anything can happen.
*I've been reminded that a friend of mine had this Alex-as-Cutter's-mother theory a while back, so I hereby release any credit that I may have given myself for thinking of it! It was already planted in my brain before the show did it by someone much better at forecasts than I am...