Willing To Accept Table Scraps
In a way it's just masochism. I mean what is the point of basking in all the excellent flashbacks to Duke and Anna's love story if we already know that Duke is the big, bad evil man behind all of the non-Heather-related evil in the world? (By the way, why do General Hospital's Twitter and Facebook accounts pose ridiculous questions like, "Do you trust Duke?" Uh, they've shown us that he's up to all sorts of dastardly and murderous deeds, so we know for sure he's lying. I almost felt sorry for all the people who answered, "No!" as if it were some astute instinct on their part. Boy, way to spot a liar! HOW DID YOU KNOW??)
And I'm not saying I'm over it. I'm so not. I don't care what happened over the last 20 years, nobody would change thismuch. So yeah, unless this is all smoke and mirrors (which I'll take! with any explanation, no matter how absurd!), GH and I are totally still in a fight.
I melt! I just melt. I'm having flashbacks to the kids I must have mowed over on the way out of the school bus that afternoon to practically fly home to catch as much of this wedding as I could.
So fine. If this reminiscing and these flashbacks are all I get, I'll take 'em. Because as I've said, I never expected to see these two on screen together again. Ever. So this is better than nothing.
How gorgeous are these people? How do you get that good-looking? (I know, I know. Lucky gene pool.)
I don't even understand how faces just come out with that kind of bone structure.
Which begs the question: why would you put two impossibly attractive people in scenes together, two people with a great legacy of chemistry, two people who work so beautifully together, only in an attempt to get the audience to root against their reunion?!
I mean look at them!
Come on, right?!
And fair enough, they did throw us a little bitty bone.
- Roger Howarth continued to tear it up yesterday in those scenes between Todd and Starr. He half makes you think Todd didn't do such a bad thing! (He did. And he also knows the truth about the paternity. Considering his own history and his guilt about it, he damn well better make sure a certain new mother knows her child is not the product of rape.)
- I'd be annoyed that Sam took Jason back so easily (yeah, yeah, yeah, he saved her kid -- hilariously -- from taking a dive off a roof, but physical dexterity and good rescue instincts do not a solid marriage make), but I also understand the practicality of Jason only having two episodes left. Clearly they have to rev up the romantic reunion in time for his departure to have an even more devastating impact, however it plays out. And while I'm unspoiled, I know one thing for sure: poor Kelly Monaco's overworked tear ducts will have to go into overtime yet again.
- Starr. Chill out on the peroxide, girl. I know Kristen Alderson is a California girl now, but the super-tan face and the yellow hair need to be looked at by humans all across the nation!
- Oh, Trey. I'm just enjoying Erik Valdez more and more every day, and it's just a shame that Trey's most frequent scene partner is Kristina.
- Is Diane back yet? Come on!
- 10 days till Sean Kanan!!!