Meet The Parents
Are you sitting down? Sit down. This is some seriously shocking news and I'd hate for you to read it, gasp and then fall over dramatically and possibly seriously hurt yourself. Okay. Brace yourself for a BOMBSHELL.
Today on General Hospital, it was revealed that Britt's Ben is actually Dante and Lulu's baby.
Dr. Obrecht, fierce even in a prison jumpsuit and no makeup: I had a far, far better plan to get you pregnant. Why go to the trouble of creating a new baby when we had babies already made? We used Dante and Lulu Falconeri's.
Brad: Britt! How long before Dante and Lulu figure out that you have their son?!
Can you even BELIEVE it? I'm still semi-shocked! The twist we all predicted over the summer was revealed today. I thought the show would take a full calendar year to tease the audience with lots of hints before confirming what we all saw coming. I don't know whether to be impressed that the story is progressing rather quickly or filled with dread over the many innuendo-filled conversations we know are coming between Britt and the Falconeris in which Dante and Lulu remain oblivious to the awkward and suspicious facial expressions Britt is making; for someone caught up in so many life-altering secrets and plans, she is absolutely terrible at hiding her emotions.
Also, I have several questions:
- Did Britt know from the outset that this was Dante and Lulu's child? Her knowing glances at them over the past few months would indicate that she did, but now that she sort of...doesn't suck, will it just be chalked up to another Dr. O plot that threw her daughter for a loop?
- Does anyone else hate hate HATE the Edward Norton commercial that Kelly Thiebaud is in? Mostly because it gets "If I Could Turn Back Time" stuck in your head every time you see it? And why is Edward Norton making commercials? Why does she wear a blonde wig and how is she so pretty?
- Why would Dr. Obrecht kidnap Ben to bring to Faison if he wasn't actually related to Faison? Dr. O seems like the type who would be disgusted by a random baby with lesser genetic quality than her beloved. "This child is repulsive, Britta, how do you even touch him without vomiting? He's so normal and American"
- I first thought "Oh, no, this will throw quite the crimp in Nik and Britt's relationship", but the more I considered it the more I wonder...will Nik really care? I mean, he will for a second and he'll probably yell about Britt hurting his sister. But family loyalty isn't really his thing. I can see him getting over it pretty quickly.
- Does "embryo" cease to sound like a word the more people say it? I started giggling by the end of the episode because it just sounded like gibberish?
- Unrelated, but it's making me insane: WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT LILY?! Didn't we as the GH audience vote sometime in the last twenty years that Lily was the worst ever and we should just forget about her lest we have flashbacks to her horrible acting and annoying personality? I could have sworn we did.