General Hospital: The Little Things
I tried. I really meant to watch an entire episode of GH today (and maybe tomorrow) to basically get myself geared up and excited for the Daytime Emmys this Sunday, and I was even going to do a full recap to say hello. I can't quite pull off the play-by-play. But. I do have thoughts.
Well, first I have questions. So many questions. Too many to even put together a partial list, but I think the most important one is: so Julian now runs Johnny's old auto shop?
A few thoughts, then.
- Carlos is still around. Carlos is still really hot and way more charismatic than half the "good guys" on the show. But is he not a good guy? He's certainly working for some mobster or another, but is it a Good Mobster or a Bad Mobster, GH-style? He's getting a Bad Mobster edit, but you never know on this show.
- Spinelli is back. I refuse to discuss this further.
- Sabrina is still on the show. I haven't seen her in a long time. I refuse also to discuss this further.
- There is a new actress playing Kiki. She is not great, she is not awful. I find her more watchable than the last one, but I am a bad person and made my feelings known about... you know. For a long time around these parts. That said, I have this shirt.
That makes me feel weird. I shouldn't be wearing things that a GH youngster is wearing! Especially not one named Kiki!
- Jordan is a character now. She's a cop. She's in love with Shawn and is going to back down from a case she's working, because that is what cops do on this show when they are in love with mobsters. Do mobsters ever back down on their work because they fall in love with cops?
Not anymore, anyway. (There is not a sad face emoticon large or melodramatic enough to express my feelings about the Duke Situation.) (Duke, who is currently in the cross-hairs of Carlos's giant scary fancy weapon. I'm not watching Duke die again. I'm not.)
- I know nothing about this whole story with Hayden. And Jake-son. And the other players in that storyline. I do, however, know that Hayden is Rebecca Budig, and I'd be really curious to see her in action here, but she wasn't on today. Does this mean I have to watch another day? Please don't let me get sucked back in.
- Annnnnnd now let's get down to business. Sonny Corinthos made an appearance today. Apparently his latest progeny got kidnapped, as all his progeny are destined to do. This is what, her third or fourth abduction since birth? Anyway, I'm gathering that Kiki and Morgan drugged Michael to make it look like he was drunken and neglectful, but that caused the baby's kidnapping, because they are really good people, like everyone working on behalf of Sonny Corinthos. But y'all? Y'ALL.
SONNY CORINTHOS WORE JEANS TODAY. Sonny. Wore. Jeans. And a leather jacket! Is this a usual thing now? Does this red letter thing happen on a regular basis??
I got a good dose of the classic CorinthosLongPause, too, which was a total delight after a long time away! He was talking about how he's been "losing...........[his] mind," to which Michael responded, "And you think that I'm not?"
Sonny: I didn't say.....
It was kind of glorious, you guys.
So... who does have the kid?
That's all, folks! Thanks for letting me breeze by so briefly. Come back to Serial Drama this Sunday night, because I can promise you there will be Daytime Emmys live-blogging and I can only imagine we all need to virtually hold each other through whatever's in store there. You shouldn't be alone, y'all. You really shouldn't.